Download Utility updating the firmware for HP LaserJet Pro 400 MF425 series
Congratulations! You can start downloading the Utility updating the firmware for HP LaserJet Pro 400 MF425 series ver. 20121205 for HP LaserJet Pro 400 M425dn Printer. To start the download, click green "download" button. We advise you to use a variety of download managers like "FlashGet" or "Download Master". Also, you can go back to the list of drivers and choose a different driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 M425dn Printer.
To start the download, select one of the servers and click "download"
Windows 7 x64, Windows 7 x32, Windows Vista x64, Windows Vista x32, Windows XP x32
Instructions for the HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 Printer Series Flash Firmware Update using Microsoft Windows 32 and 64 bit operating systems:
Flash Firmware Update Notes:
- The Firmware Update Utility can use either a Network or USB connection to the printer.
- When using a Network or USB connection" the HP MFP print driver software must be installed prior to using this utility.
- The HP MFP printer must be on and in a READY state as shown by the LCD display on the control panel and remain powered on during the entire firmware update process.
- Depending on the processor speed of your pc" the firmware update process may complete on the printer before the update status progress bar in the flash firmware update utility on the pc screen completes" this is normal.
- Once the update process has started" do not use your pc for any other activity until the process is complete.
- Inform others connected to the product" both network and USB" to refrain from using the printer during the update period.
- Do not power cycle the product or the pc until the firmware update process is complete.
1. Download the flash firmware updater file from HP.com to the pc desktop.
2. Turn the printer off and then back on to clear main printer memory.
3. Double click on the flash firmware update utility file. An HP firmware update window will open.
4. Select the appropriate MFP in the dialog window. If you assigned a different name to the HP MFP" choose the name that represents the correct printer.
5. Click on Send Firmware when ready to proceed.
6. The progress bar will begin to move to the right indicating information being transferred.
7. DO NOT power cycle the product or the pc during this process or the product may become unstable and or unusable without further attention from HP. The flash firmware update can take up to 5 minutes to complete. Please be patient.
8. During the product flash firmware update" the display on the product control panel will display Erasing - Programing - Complete - Hewlett-Packard - Ready - Initializing - Ready. Once the download is finished the printer will be in the Ready state.
9. At the conclusion of the firmware update" the dialog window will show a smiley face. Click on exit.
10. The flash firmware update process is complete.
The utility can be used with a USB connection or network connection. Be sure to use the firmware update utility that is specific to your printer model.
This update is recommended for the HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 Printer Series that have a firmware version older than the one posted.